With the aim of encouraging architects and experts from the pool sector to be creative, and to increase their visibility, Fluidra is launching The Cool Pool Awards, an international architecture and design competition.
The competition, which is to be run over a period of two years, was devised as a platform for new talent and ideas and, above all, as an opportunity to showcase high standards and professionalism. Besides the backing given by Fluidra, the competition also has the support and advice of a group of experts, who will be responsible for ensuring that the aims of this first edition of The Cool Pool Awards are met.
This competition is intended for architects, interior designers, installers, other experts from the pool sector and students from anywhere in the world. Entries may be either submitted individually or by teams of a maximum of four people.
There are two categories in this competition:
Images of a completed swimming pool must be submitted that fulfils the following requirements:
- It must include an ASTRALPOOL MAC®.
- It must include two sustainable products from one of the Fluidra group’s brands to be chosen from those listed below.
- A variable speed VIRON® pump.
- A LED lighting system.
- A HydroSpin® pre-filter.
- A disinfection system (salt chlorinator, Neolysis, UV).
- An automatic cover.
- A pool cleaner
The Open category.
A building project proposal must be submitted either as sketches or renderings that include an ASTRALPOOL MAC®.
- First prize. Trip for two people to the 2017 World Swimming Championships in Mexico, with VIP seats for the women’s and men’s water polo finals. The prize includes travel and accommodation.
- Second prize. An AstralPool MAC or similarly priced product in the market.
- First prize.A weekend for two in the exclusive Inúu wellness centre in Andorra, and a selection of AstralPool products with a retail value of 1,000 euros.
- Second prize.A selection of AstralPool® products with a retail value of 1,000 euros.
Entries must be sent in by the following deadlines.
- Pro category: 1 June 2016.
- Open category: 1 September 2015.
The prize winners will be announced:
- On 30 June 2016 for the Pro category.
- On 30 September 2015 for the Open category.
Prize giving ceremony:
- On 23 October 2015 for the Open category (2015 Barcelona International Aquatic Exhibition).
- In autumn 2016 for the Pro category (2016 Piscine Global Exhibition in Lyon).
View the Contest Rules